EMD Chemicals – Performance Materials
One International Plaza, Suite 300
Philadelphia, PA 19113
Apart from color effect pigments, the company offers customers
functional skin care and protection solutions. In particular, effect
pigments and functional fillers are used in many cosmetic products and packaging in order to provide color, luster, gloss and
other effects and to strengthen brand identity. EMD Chemicals
offers a wide range of active ingredients used in skin
care cosmetics to protect the
skin against UV radiation
and premature aging. More
information about the range
of products offered by EMD
Chemicals can be found at: www.emd4cosmetics.com.
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a leading pharmaceutical,
chemical and life science company with total revenues of € 11. 2 billion in 2012, a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped
by approx. 38,000 employees in 66 countries. Our success is
characterized by innovations from entrepreneurial employees.
EMD Chemicals’operating activities come under the umbrella
of Merck KGaA, in which the Merck family holds an approximately 70% interest and free shareholders own the remaining
Sales Director, Cosmetics
Marketing Director, Decorative Materials
Marketing Director, Functional Materials
Technologies, Patents, New Products
Include Glass Flakes, Silica Flakes, Alumina Flakes, Mica Flakes,
Synthetic Mica and Bismuth Oxychloride, Eusolex® UV Pearls
OB-S, RonaCare® Cyclopeptide- 5
• Cosmetics, Personal Care
• Xirona® Pigments are highly innovative pigments with unmatched color travel effects.
• Colorona® Pigments combine absorption colors with interference colors to provide vivid pearlescent color effects.
• Timiron® Pigments deliver bright and clean silver white and
interference colors with pearlescent appearance ranging from
satin to sparkling.
• Ronaflair® Functional Fillers offer texture improvement, excellent skin feel and skin correction properties.
• Ronastar® Pigments are based on the newly developed
calcium-aluminum-borosilicate flakes. They have brilliant
luster and high transparency.
• Eusolex® organic and inorganic sunscreens as well as the
UV-Titans are an inorganic line of sunscreens with a wide
variety of surface coatings enabling formulation of the most
elegant sunscreen products with superior UAB/A protection.
RonaCare®AP and Oxynex®ST are sunscreen photostabilizers
with proven antioxidant activity to formulate the next generation of sun care products.
• RonaCare® Luremin is an excellent anti-wrinkle ingredient
with retinol-like activity without the irritation and package
• RonaCare® Tiliroside is a bioflavonoid naturally found in plants
that helps protect skin against redness and itching.
• RonaCare® Cyclopeptide - 5 is a peptide that helps to make
skin appear younger and fresher
EMD/Rona offers expert technical assistance in the areas of
product formulation and testing. In addition, we have dedicated personnel to help set your cosmetics packaging apart.
Our beautiful Customer and Technology Center in Philadelphia
boasts state-of-the-art facilities and color viewing room as well
as a dedicated customer laboratory.